Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all Canadians, I want to wish a happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone pauses to appreciate and are thankful. I am thankful for the time we had with my FIL. It's one year ago today that he died. I pray he is now at peace and no longer has to suffer any more.
We had the usual big turkey dinner. It was just the five of us this year. Everyone seems so picky about what they like and don't like. So I just told them..."I'm cooking what I am and if you don't like it you can go hungry and maybe it will make you think more and appreciate what we do have." Thankfully this year I only had to fight with one of my daughters to eat. One of them actually didn't whine or complain. *sigh* I started this morning for a couple hrs. and then paused to head off to church and drop off food for the food bank. Then once back home, finished cooking/making everything that was planned for the dinner. Trying to keep the kids out of the kitchen when they are hungry is a chore in itself! LOL!
So once everyone chowed down and was almost finished eating, I was actually able to sit down myself and eat. *phew* It was delicious. So dh then shortly after, fell asleep on the couch and I had to clean up and put everything away. It's hard to wash dishes when your 2 yr. old daughter is playing in the water and trying to drink it. *yuk* So I managed to get most of the dishes washed. I'll wait till the kids are in before I tackle the rest of them else I'll have more of a mess to clean up when I'm done! LOL!
I'm taking a break at the moment...in another hr. I'll get back to it. A woman's work is never done!

1 comment: