* Fog machines are now very inexpensive and readily available during the Halloween buying season, adding one to your haunt or party makes a big impact on your Halloween celebration and will add that extra effect to thrill and scare your trick or treaters.
* Add some spider web to your party decorations and haunt, you can find it at most stores selling Halloween products. Just attach to something and pull it out all over!
* Use apples for taper candle holders. Choose small, round apples that will sit stable on a flat surface and remove the stems. Cut a small round hole in the top of each apple - deep and wide enough to securely hold a taper candle. Make sure the apples are shaped so that they have a flat bottom, so they won't tip over.
* Great party idea, start a circle ghost story! Sit in a circle and start a scary ghost story. Each guest adds on to the story until it reaches a scary ending!
* Videotape your Halloween memories! Interview some of your trick-or-treaters, your yard haunt, carved jack-o-lanterns. You'll be glad you did when you sit down to watch it later!
* You can find candy companies on line that will add a personalized wrapper to your candy bars! They are relatively inexpensive and make a great treat to hand out at your yard haunt!
*Having a party for little ghouls? Let them make their instruments out of oat meal cans, tin cans, add a inexpensive plastic flute, noise makers, kazoos and start a musical Halloween parade through your neighborhood! The kids love it and the neighbors will, too!
* An alternative to bobbing for apples is to hang them by their stems with thread from the ceiling and let party goers try to bite them!
* Hang long strands of white thread on your porch to simulate spider webs. Make them long enough so that little kids will be able to feel them, too. Spray them with water to add an extra creepy factor.
* Have a pumpkin carving contest for your kids and their friends. Buy a few smaller pumpkins and give prizes for the most creative. You can also use paints as an alternative.
2 days ago